Saturday, November 1, 2008

CONSIDERATION.....


I can't believe that in another 6 months it will be a year that Vic and I have moved from old New England to out here in the Bay Area on the peninsula 10 minutes just outside from San Francisco. The other night while we were watching a movie, Vic asked me if I want to move back east, New York city specifically.

I was stunned. But I am thinking about it. If the job market does not improve here where I can't find more permanent work, I told Vic then let's do it.

I'm not going to attack SF. I LOVE the city. It's a magical place that I am slowly beginning to know. Unfortunately for me I don't enjoy going into it other than for work or seeing my friends. San Francisco does not have a nighlife compared to that of New York. In fact, NO CITY in the world does. While some may argue that there are more artists and creative people in SF, I tend to disagree compared to NYC. The energy is NY is way fast-paced which I'm used to and I miss it.

San Francisco is 750,000 people while New York city is 8 million. There is NO comparison.

We're still deciding, so who knows what will happen. I let Vic know that IF I decide to stay here in the Bay Area and he decides to go back east, then it will mean the end of us but I want him to be happy. He loves New York, for him it is where he feels most himself.

New York for me is and ALWAYS will be my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments will be reviewed