Tuesday, November 4, 2008

YOUR CIVIC DUTY TO VOTE


It's time that the corrupt, hypocritical, and thieving political GOP machine is finally removed from office along with the crooks that paved the way for the most costly theft in the history of the world. I cast my vote this morning to OBAMA. I think its time the United States chooses a minority to unite and lead this nation. It is long overdue.
Still, it bothers me that in our gay society there are those out there that have voted for Mcain knowing full well he is part of the Bush administration's bad policies. It's as simple as racism. Hard to believe that in the 21rst century with all the education and equal rights that we have fought for, there are those out there that still hold these deep seeding distrust towards someone just because of the color of their skin.

Have we not overcome this? I actually was reading on Michael Moore's website a few months ago an article about a Vietnam veteran who is feeling the sting of 8 years of the republican controlled government. He spent 25 years working as a machinist only to see his job gone, and to further add insult to injury, the man he voted for in 2000 and 2004, betray him and his state of Ohio. He made one comment that was honest but hit me: "I'm trying to get it around my head that I'll be voting for a black man." WOW. We have a long way to go still.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments will be reviewed