Sunday, February 22, 2009

SEAN PENN WINS BEST ACTOR OSCAR GIVES GREAT PROPOSITION 8 SPEECH MILK


Thank You Sean Penn for your bravery in playing the role of another brave man that would not be silenced and his memory lives on 30 years later. WE SHALL OVERCOME.

Harvey would have been very proud. I still find that the documentary produced in 1984 "The Life And Times Of Harvey Milk" is the best in accurately telling of his life.

The first time I arrived to San Francisco you would think that the city that this man fought so hard to have our voices heard and as the staging ground and a face for our civil rights would have dedicated more towards him and his memory right?
I was disappointed when my friend Dom took me to the Castro to where there was only a plaque at the entrance/exit of the Muni subway under the city.

Harvey deserved so much more than that. Hopefully this film will remind this selfish, self-serving, cowardly generation of why we must continue to fight on.

It's not about "ME ME ME" or "getting what I need".

It's about all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments will be reviewed