Monday, July 6, 2009

THE PIONEER'S END MARKS THE DAWN FOR PLENTY OF OTHERS ;)




Hard to believe that it's been 10 years since both Victor & I first logged on and began using the internet. I've spoken to many people over the years and some of my friends I met through the world wide web. But it wouldn't have been possible if it hadn't been for the camera and a little 3.4MB application called ICUII which was available for PC and MAC, and then ISPQ coming along right after ;) . Both had their strengths and weaknesses, but are inferior to what has evolved since then.

Yahoo came along and made the video chat even more personal but it was still not that smooth. Then the creators of a notorious file-sharing program revolutionized the way we communicate again with online video cam. Paving the way for online peer-to-peer video through many sites another amazing IM called Skype which to date has over 300 million users worldwide and growing. Last night I said my final goodbye to ISPQ and removed it off of my PC.

Thanks for helping me stay in touch with everyone over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments will be reviewed