Monday, August 24, 2009

R.I.P. RENE NIEVES (aka. Ray) (1964-2008)


No matter how many people pass on from this life to another, no of us will ever get used to that. I just learned from a friend back east that a mutual friend we knew is gone.

Rene Nieves (a.k.a. Ray) he was born November 8, 1964. He passed away on October 16, 2008 at the age of 43 of lung cancer. He was special. His love of life and his passion for helping other people will forever be a part of all those he touched including me. -Keith


I first began talking to Ray almost 10 years ago through the internet but I was an idiot and shy back then in coming out to meet him in person. It was only 2 years ago (winter 2007) in Boston at the Alley bar that this one unexpected chance encounter with him, Rey Rey & his boyfriend (that were visiting out-of-town), and a couple of other gentlemen (who were also out-of-towners) made it the most enjoyable night I will never forget.

Later on, Ray introduced me to his ex and best friend Keith just before he and his hubby decided to begin their new lives in Spain.
Ray moved back to New York to be closer to his family so I was sorry to see him go just as I was getting to know him. At the time I didn't know how gravely ill he was nor did he ever tell me the full details. I never asked either.

Rest In Peace Ray. You will always be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments will be reviewed