Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Snow Leopard 64-bit versus Vista 64-bit



I finally got my MACBOOK and finished setting up, installing, and configuring all the software on this Intel model running Apple's new Snow Leopard 64-bit OS.

I wanted to do a little bit of comparison of this machine against Vic's new Vaio he bought purchased last week running a 64-bit version of Vista Home Premium on it.
I have to give a lot of credit to both of these machines because of the horsepower for processor and power they both have, and the fact that 64-bit (and will eventually go to 128-bit) is long overdue.

The Vaio and Macbook are extremely fast. But there is one drawback I noticed right away: applications like skype (maybe its the way the interface is designed for the Mac versus the Windows version) just run a helluva lot better. The picture was clearer, cleaner, and audio was amazing. I couldn't tell the difference for audio though. Vic's Vaio has an amazing sound chip using the codecs I installed running alongside Firehand Ember while the Mac has iTunes and Quicktime.

Quite a bit of software that I had for previous versions of OS X will not run on it YET but I'm hoping that Apple fixes these issues. I also disabled the guest account for now as a precaution.

Its gonna take me time to get fully used to this different environment versus the Vaio I have, but so far I LIKE the big cat ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments will be reviewed