Sunday, April 11, 2010

An Open Letter To All Gay People

I've never felt comfortable with the label "politico" because if I were one, I'd be making money off of it (LOL). Even though I read constantly about what is going on in the United States and throughout the world and try to spread the word by my blog and Facebook, I understand that people are not all the same and don't always agree on the issues.

But the one thing however I do fundamentally strongly feel (when it comes to gay people) is that no matter where they are or how different their walks of life may be, when it comes to the struggle for civil and equal rights for the LGBT community, we all understand what it means to be persecuted and discriminate against, and we must continue to fight until equality is reached throughout this country and the world.

Over the years however, I've come across some in our community that don't share the progress that we've accomplished so far, and those same people within our community are working against to us to turn back the last 40 years by supporting the very institutions that have demonized and persecuted gays, lesbians, and the transgendered, and by voting for politicians that have implemented discrimination laws under the guise of religious right-wing moral bullshit.

On March 25th, 2010 I received a rather laughable, yet very disturbing message on Facebook from a user that had friend-requested me months before but has NEVER EVER made any effort in wanting to talk to me nor expressed any interest in anything i ever posted whether it be my love of automobiles, technology, entertainment, food, where I live, ect…nothing.

This is what he wrote to me:

"(name withheld) Joe...while I respect the 1st amendment... I really don't want to hear bashings of the RIGHT on a consistant basis. Do you even post anything about yourself?? I just grew tired of it....sorry buddy..."


At first I was stunned. I did not know what to say to that. Then I decided to respond as honestly as I know how to be:

"No worries (name withheld).

If you really had ANY interest in talking to me, you would see the many pictures and videos I've posted of quirky things I DO like. (e.g.: nature, automotive, technology, music, sex, movies). It's obvious you have no real interest in anyone else because it's all about you.
In the time since you friend requested me, you have NEVER once said a word to me at all, whether it be here or BMB, even when I've complimented your pics on that site and right here on Facebook. Its obvious you see me as a zit on your ass you would like to be rid of, and congratulations, you succeeded. I don't need nor want your kind around me, and thank the gods that backwards queers like you are dying off just not quickly enough.


As far as the right is concerned, they unfortunately has done quite a bit of harm over the past 3 decades to this country. It is not a lie. I'm tired of the right siding with the top 1% wealthy elites that are harboring nearly ALL of the wealth in this country while the rest of the population has nothing and jobs are being shipped off to imperialist repressive regimes like China.
http://filterednews.wordpress.com/2010/03/22/an-open-letter-to-conservatives/

I also don't like many liberal ideas either. Look at where I live. S.F. is as liberal as it gets and I've had it out with those that think the left * SHOULD* be the way, the ONLY way.

You as a gay man it surprises/disappoints me that you would side with the very people that would completely try to undermine you at every corner they could. Notice has the violence has INCREASED against gays since the hate crimes bill was passed, notice how the bigoted racists have banded together and have stepped up their voices of hate since the health care bill was passed. Personally I think the bill is very similar to Germany's and Japan's, but it's also deeply flawed.

Are you that disconnected from gay folk you would sleep with the right wingers that have continuously voiced their hatred of you because you fuck a man? Think about that for a second.

This is a free country.

If you cannot even have a truly honest conversation with me simply because you refuse to see what it is obvious to everyone else, then there's no reason to keep me as a friend and honestly, I DON'T want to be associated with you either.

goodbye (name withheld)"


I then became very angry and decided to do a little digging on this douche and here's what I discovered:

This fucking hateful conservative religious right loving self-loathing queer on his BMB and flickr pages, he's openly showing having traveled to many gay bear events AND has been in San Francisco, San Diego and other gay friendly places in CA, as well as Provincetown back east during Bearweek, TBRU, and is photographed with several well-known bearish men that I have spoken to and that I know and have met in person.

So here we have a gay man that openly indulges in all the pleasures that gay society offers, but behind closed doors, he sides with, and supports the very bigoted people that time and time again over many years have consistently discriminated against gays and lesbians.

I call that hypocrisy at it's finest. I really would love to know how many of these gay men pictured with this douche bag would feel if they knew that the two-faced turd they are embracing has his lips super-glued on the asshole of the hate-filled tea-bagging right.

Now I know what many of you are thinking: I'm judging based on a rather vague message and jumping to conclusions. WRONG. I'm am going by what was presented to me. The irony is that once I responded back, he never replied back to me nor did I expect him to. Cowards rarely do. The one thing that this guy doesn't fully realize is that the internet has made the world a much smaller place. Pissing off and disrespecting the people in your community that you have frolicked with is suicide. If you bite the hand that feeds you, you are essentially asking for your bridges to be burned right under your feet.


I am fed-up with our community accepting this kind of hypocrisy. It is time that we OUT individuals like this guy so that the entire community sees people like him for who they really are, the backstabbing and harm that people like this man are doing behind closed doors, and kick their them out on their pathetic ass leaving them to defend for themselves.

We need to call out the selfish and self-serving and drain the swamp of these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments will be reviewed