Monday, November 18, 2013

a life cut short and forgiving....

A couple of weeks ago I found out through social media that a friend of a good friend of mine had suddenly and tragically passed away. This individual was friends with several people I know including an "ex-friend" whom many years ago I had a very bad falling out with. I also know that the ex happened to be very close to the deceased. 
 

Out of curiosity, I initiated a search to see if my ex-friend mentioned anything at all and by chance I found a pic he posted of he and his friend together with his head on the deceased's shoulder. Years ago, when we had the nasty fallout, if I saw that my first initial reaction would be utter disgust and even be cynical by saying to him : "since when does a self serving narcissist and opportunist like you care about anyone other than yourself considering that I wasn't the only person you led on, used, and took advantage of?" 
 
But I didn't do that. I don't feel the anger nor hate to him anymore. I feel nothing. I guess that's a good thing. I contacted him and said condolences for his loss and I hope he's ok. 
Its a tragedy when a young life is cut short. Most importantly, forgiveness has shown me that I've moved on and I'm happy. 
 
I have chosen to rise above my anger even if he is still bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments will be reviewed